Work update: Joining Akash
As my sweet tenure at Tendermint comes to an end, I’m excited to embark my new journey in Akash.
What is Akash?
To all those who haven’t heard of Akash yet; you are missing out on the great company. Akash is a distributed peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud computing. Think of AWS or GCP on Blockchain, with distributed service centers. (Even you can provide computing resources and earn money)
What did I learn at Ignite?
Learning experience from Ignite (Formerly Tendermint):
1. Cosmos skills. (Overall coding skills)
2. Public speaking. (Workshops, seminars, etc)
3. Leadership skills. (Led multiple initiatives for eco-dev)
4. Team player. (Being a part of cross-team efforts like Product & Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development)
5. Discord knight. (Helped multiple developers begin their Cosmos journey)
6. Getting Featured. (Featured in multiple news outlets — http://linktr.ee/Aliasgar.Featured)
What will I do at Akash?
At Akash I will Lead Developer Relations initiatives.
Here is what I will do in a nutshell:
- Represent Akash at major and local Blockchain and cloud events
- Develop content that guides technical and community members
- Engage and increase the Akash user community, including developers, providers and validators
- Establish and own strategy and content for the Developer Knowledge Hub
- Create guides, examples, and tutorials to help onboard developers and community members
- Hold meetups and hackathons to drive and engage the ecosystem in partnership with Marketing
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Support stakeholders to give feedback and improve the onboarding experience